For New Alumni
On behalf of everyone at SFS, congratulations and welcome to the Georgetown University alumni family! You join thousands of SFS alumni who share memories of time spent at Georgetown and the values that challenge all of us to engage in the world and to be men and women in the service of others.
Even as you embark on your next endeavor, you remain a very vital and important part of the School of Foreign Service. We hope you will stay in touch with Georgetown University—and with your fellow graduates—after graduation, and we will do what we can to help. We encourage you to stay engaged in ways that suit your interests and your schedule, from taking part in a career panel to attending a speaker event to enjoying a basketball game!
For now, please check out the following alumni benefits and opportunities:
- The SFS Graduate Career Development Center continues to serve your needs. Please visit its website to make an advising appointment, search for jobs (or search for job seekers if you’re in the position to hire) and learn about career-related alumni events.
- Join or stay on the SFS mailing list to learn about events and publications that may be of interest both personally and professionally.
- Join the DC or a regional Georgetown alumni club to take advantage of events and networking contacts where you are living. Find the full list at Georgetown Alumni Online.
- If you will be working for State or USAID, join the Georgetown International Affairs Alliance, a special alumni group focused on diplomacy and development.
- Join Georgetown Women in International Affairs, connecting alumnae to career networking and leadership development opportunities.
Congratulations again. We look forward to continuing dialogue and engagement as you move into the next phase of your life. Your ideas, comments and suggestions will always be welcome at the School of Foreign Service.