New students are admitted in the fall semester and for full-time study only. For more detailed information on how to apply as a first-year student, as well as pertinent dates and checklists, please visit the Undergraduate Admissions page.
External Transfer Students
The Admissions Committee evaluates transfer applicants on two scales: academic and personal. For more detailed information on how to apply as a transfer student, as well as for pertinent dates and checklists, please visit the Transfer Undergraduate Admissions page.
Internal Transfer Students
Current Georgetown students interested in transferring to the School of Foreign Service from other undergraduate programs can learn more by attending an information session. Students choosing to apply for an internal transfer to the SFS typically do so at the end of their first-year. Applicants for transfer admission are measured on two scales: academic and personal. For more detailed information on how to apply as internal transfer student, please review our Intra-University Transfer Application.
We welcome applications from talented international students who wish to join our exciting community. To introduce you to the range of opportunities at Georgetown, we conduct undergraduate information sessions every year in Canada, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. For more detailed information on how to apply as an international student, as well as for pertinent dates and checklists, please visit the International Student Undergraduate Admissions page.
Graduate Program Applications
Georgetown University’s graduate and professional schools and programs, including the eight master’s programs administered by the Walsh School of Foreign Service, each manage their own admissions and financial aid processes. All applicants must sumbit the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences online application form. Applicants to the SFS graduate programs must also prepare program-specific required materials for their applications, listed on the program’s website. The deadline for Fall 2020 admissions across programs is January 15, 2020.
Graduate Program Contact Information
- Katie Li, Associate Director of Academic Programs – Global Human Development Program (GHD)
- Ja’net DeFlorimonte, Director of Admissions – Master of Science in Foreign Service (MSFS)
- Jessica Gershuny, Director of Admissions – Security Studies Program (SSP)
- Payton Tanner, Assistant Director of Admissions and Alumni Engagement – Security Studies Program (SSP)
- Kelli Harris, Assistant Director of Academic Programs – Master of Arts in Arab Studies (MAAS)
- Robert Lyons, Assistant Director of Academic Programs – Master of Arts in Asian Studies (MASIA)
- Wesson Radomsky, Supervisor of Academic Programs – Master of Arts in Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies (MAERES)
- Zoe Ziliak Michel, Supervisor of Academic Programs – Master of Arts in German and European Studies (MAGES)
- Julie Walsh McMurtry, Associate Director – Master of Arts in Latin American Studies (MALAS)