The Global Business major is designed to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, methodologically rigorous tools needed to understand and analyze business entities and their behavior in the context of the global social and cultural forces. Students acquire core tools in business disciplines from select MSB courses and social science and humanity theories and methods from the SFS and University requirements.
The Learning Goals are:
- Acquisition of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Acquisition of analytical tools of the business disciplines of accounting, finance, marketing, and operations.
- Combining business, social science, and humanity disciplines to understand and analyze the firm and the private sector, in the context of global social and cultural forces.
- Understand the multinational corporation and its behavior.
- Understand international investments and corporate finance.
- Understand the interactions of businesses and governments in public sector policymaking.
- Understand corporate ethics, social responsibility, and environmental impacts, and how political, economic, and social conditions have made these strategic concerns of the global firm.